Northeast Networking Event
- Are you interested in purchasing healthy food from farmers near you, but aren't sure how to navigate regulations for your school, hospital, long term care facility, or restaurant?
- Are you a farmer who wants to expand your markets, but don't know the best way to learn what institutional buyers in your area need?
- Are you a n economic development, food access, or public health advocate that is passionate about connecting your community members with the people growing food near you?
This event is for you! Since 2008, many farmers and buyers have expressed how impactful our farmer-buyer networking events have been in the work that they do, and now we're coming to you to help share information, build capacity, and establish connections.
Who Should Attend?
- school nutrition directors
- public health specialists
- hospital foodservice directors
- rural development specialists
- processors or aggregators
- local food advocates
- child care providers
Cost: $15, includes lunch
Mentorship Applications Now Being Accepted
Throughout 2016, a limited number of Farm to Institution Mentorships will be developed throughout the state to help participants navigate barriers, access existing resources and opportunities, and to accelerate Farm to Institution success. If selected through the application and interview process, your institution or farm will be matched with a targeted team made up of relevant topic experts and practitioners on-the-ground to provide technical assistance. Learn more: Farmers - Apply Here /// Institutions/Buyers - Apply Here
Contact Grace know at 612-520-1675 or email@example.com!
WHEN: March 29, 2016 at 9am - 3pm
WHERE: Long Lake Conservation Center, 28952 438th Lane Palisade, MN 56469